Title: Oriel and Laing Professor of the Interpretation of the Holy Scripture
University: Oxford University
Specialties: Biblical Ethics; Canon; Biblical Interpretation; Old Testament Theology
- 2010. “The Theology of Amos.” In Prophecy and the Prophets in Ancient Israel. Ed. John Day. London: Continuum, 2010.
- 2010. “The Dark Side of God in the Old Testament.” In Ethical and Unethical in the Old Testament: God and Humans in Dialogue. Ed. Katharine Dell. London: T & T Clark International, 2010.
Title: Professor of Liturgy Emeritus
University: University of Notre Dame
Specialties: History of Christian liturgy
- Bradshaw, Paul and Maxwell E. Johnson. 2012. The Eucharistic Liturgies: Their Evolution and Interpretation. London: The Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge/Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press.
- 2013. Rites of Ordination: Their History and Theology. London: The Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge/Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press.
Title: F.D. Kershner Prof. of Religion and the Arts
University: Christian Theological Seminary, Indianapolis
Specialties: religion and the arts; religious and theological aesthetics; comparative and inter-religious studies
- ed. 2014. The Oxford Handbook of Religion and the Arts. New York: Oxford University Press.
- 1983, reissued 2013. Transfiguration: Poetic Metaphor and the Languages of Religious Belief. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press.
Title: Lucius Moody Bristol Distinguished Professor
University: Florida State University
Specialties: American religious history, emotion, space; Religious intolerance
- Bodenhamer, David J., John Corrigan, and Trevor M. Harris. 2010. The Spatial Humanities. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press.
- Forthcoming: ed. 2014. The Spatial Humanities II: Deep Maps and Spatial Narratives. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press.
University: University of Copenhagen
Specialties: Systematic Theology; Science and Religion
- 2014. Incarnation and the Depths of Creation. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.
- Davies, Paul and Niels Henrik Gregersen. 2011. Information and the Nature of Reality: From Physics to Metaphysics. New York: Cambridge University Press.
Title: Associate Professor
University: University of Sydney
Specialties: Ancient Greek Religion and the Comparative Study of Religions; Ancient Anthropology and Human/Animal Studies; Historiography
- 2012. Rethinking Greek Religion. New York: Cambridge University Press.
Title: Professor of Humanities, Coordinator Religious Studies and East-West Classical Studies
University: Hawaii Pacific University
Specialites: Religion and Violence; Ritual Studies; Ancient Near Eastern and Mediterranean Religions
- 2013. “Literary Approaches to Religion and Violence.” In The Oxford Handbook of Religion and Violence. Ed. M. Juergensmeyer, M. Kitts, and M. Jerryson. New York: Oxford University Press, 2013
- 2013. “Violent Death in Religious Imagination.” In The Oxford Handbook of Religion and Violence. Ed. M. Juergensmeyer, M. Kitts, and M. Jerryson. New York: Oxford University Press, 2013
Title: Professor of Comparative Religion and Philosophy
University: Lancaster University
Specialties: History of Indian religions; Contemporary Hinduism; Religion and Politics
- 2013. Divine Self, Human Self. The Philosophy of Being in Two Gita Commentaries. New York: Bloomsbury
- 2007. Indian Philosophy and the Consequences of Knowledge. Aldershot: Ashgate.
- 2005. Eastern Philosophy. New York: Orion.
Title: Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani Professor in the History of Islam
University: Georgetown University
Specialties: Islamic intellectual history; Islam and other religions; Islam and human rights, gender, and governance
- 2010. Islam: A Brief History. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell.
- 2011. Religion Toolkit: A Complete Guide to Religious Studies. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell.
Title: Associate Professor of Old Testament
University: Emory University
Specialties: Old Testament/Hebrew Bible; ancient Near Eastern iconography; Israelite religion; Old Testament Theology
- ed. 2012. The Bible and the Pursuit of Happiness: What the Old and New Testaments Teach Us about the Good Life. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Editorial board and translator, Common English Bible (2011).
DEREK NELSON (co-Editor-in-Chief, Martin Luther)
Title: Associate Professor of Religion
University: Wabash College (Crawfordsville, Indiana, USA)
Specialties: Reformation Thought and History, Contemporary Systematic Theology, and Religion and Culture.
- Resilient Reformer: The Life and Thought of Martin Luther (Fortress, 2015)
- Luther Refracted: The Reformer's Ecumenical Legacy (Fortress, 2015)
- A History of Christian Theology, 2nd ed., with William C. Placher (Westminster John Knox, 2013).
- Sin: A Guide for the Perplexed (Continuum, 2011)
PAUL HINLICKY (co-Editor-in-Chief, Martin Luther)
Title: Tise Professor of Lutheran Studies at Roanoke College, Salem Virginia, Professor of Systematic Theology at the Institute of Lutheran Theology, and a docent of the Protestant Theological Faculty of Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia.
Research Interests: Systematic Theology in the Christian Tradition; Christian Social Ethics; History of Doctrine, especially Early Church Fathers, Reformation and Modern Protestant; Biblical Theology; Ecumenical Theology; Political Theology; Faith and Science Dialogue; Jewish-Christian Dialogue.
- Critical Dogmatics after Christendom (Eerdmans, 2015)
- Rethinking Philosophy and Theology with Deleuze: A New Cartography, with Brent Adkins (Bloomsbury Academic, 2014)
- Before Auschwitz: What Christian Theology Must Learn from the Rise of Nazism (Cascade, 2013)
- Luther and the Beloved Community: A Path for Christian Theology after Christendom (Eerdmans, 2010)
Title: Professor of Liturgy University: University of Notre Dame Specialty: Religion and Liturgy Research Interests: Early history of Christian liturgy
Title: Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies University: University of Groningen Specialty: Ancient Religion Research Interests: Greek, Roman, Early Christian and Contemporary Religion; Social History; History of Scholarship
Title: Professor of Theology University: University of Fribourg Specialty: African Religions Research Interests: Rationalism, religion and violence
Title: Professor Emerita of Ancient History, Senior Research Fellow University: University of Bristol Specialty: Christianity/ Church History Research Interests: The relationship of inherited classical culture and late antique Christianity; Augustine and the late Platonist philosophers Porphyry and Iamblichus; women’s history; the history of gender
Title: Lecturer in Psychology and Spirituality University: Ripon College Cuddesdon Specialty: Psychology and Religion Research Interests: Psychology of religion; positive psychology; psychological approaches to the Bible; the theology and spirituality of people with special needs; psychology and liturgy
Title: Buckingham Professor of New Testament Criticism and Interpretation University: Yale University Specialty: Biblical Studies Research Interests: New Testament (particularly the Gospel of Mark and the Book of Revelation)
Title: Holmes Professor of Old Testament Criticism & Interpretation University: Yale University Specialty: Biblical Studies Research Interests: Apocalypticism; wisdom; Hellenistic Judaism; the Dead Sea Scrolls
Title: Professor of International Affairs and Islamic Studies University: Georgetown University Specialty: Islam Research Interests: Islamic Studies
Title: Professor of Hindu Studies and Comparative Religion University: University of Oxford Specialty: Hinduism/ Buddhism Research Interests: Shaivism and Phenomenology; South Asian traditions
Title: Professor of Jewish Studies University: Wolfson College Specialty: Judaism/ Jewish Studies Research Interests: Roman history; the history and literature of the Jews in the Roman period
Title: Lecturer in Religion University: University of Stirling Specialty: Religion and Literature Research Interests: the intersection of religion with literature (and the arts), with philosophy, and with critical theory.
Title: Idreos Professor of Science and Religion University: University of Queensland Specialty: Religion and Science Research Interests: Cultural and intellectual history with a focus on the philosophical, scientific and religious thought of the early modern period
Title: Professor of Psychology University: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Specialty: Psychology and Religion Research Interests: Philosophical Psychology; Psychology of Religion
Title: Professor of Art History University: Baylor University Specialty: Religion and the Arts Research Interests: Italian Renaissance and Baroque Art History
Title: Vice President University: Renmin University of China Specialty: Religion and Literature Research Interests: Christianity
Title: Professor of Literature and Theology University: University of Glasgow Specialty: Religion and Liturgy Research Interests: Post postmodern theology
Title: Professor of Sociology and affiliate Professor of Religious Studies University: University of California, Santa Barbara Specialty: Religion and Politics/ Global Religions Research Interests: Rationalism, religion and violence
Title: Jesuit Priest University: Specialty: Ancient Religion Research Interests: The question of evil in ancient Egypt; Ancient Egyptian sapiential literature; Egyptology and Philosophy; Egypt and the rest of Africa; Egypt, the Bible, and Christianity
Title: Professor of the History of the Church University: University of Oxford Specialty: Christianity/ Church History Research Interests: The European Reformation 1490-1700; Christian history
Title: Van Mildert Canon Professor of Divinity University: Durham University Specialty: Mysticism and Spirituality Research Interests: Interaction of Christian theology, spirituality, and mystical thought theologies of the Trinity, Christ, creation, theological metaphysics and epistemology; formation of the theological imaginatio
Title: Chair/ Professor Religious Studies University: Utrecht University Specialty: Sociology and Anthropology of Religion Research Interests: Cultures & Identities; Origins and Impacts of Institutions
Title: Professor of Old Testament Theology Emeritus University: Princeton Theological Seminary Specialty: Biblical Studies Research Interests:
Title: Jesuit Provincial for the East African countries of Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and North Sudan University: Specialty: African Religions Research Interests:
Title: Wykeham Professorship in Ancient History University: New College/ Oxford University Specialty: Ancient Religion Research Interests: Greek History; Greek Religion; Greek Epigraphy
Title: Professor University: Lancaster University Specialty: Comparative Religion/ New Religion Research Interests: Countercultures; Esotericism; New religions; Popular culture; Popular Music; Sociology of religion
Title: Robert A. Spivey Professor of Religion University: Florida State University Specialty: Religion in America Research Interests: American Religion; Politics and Law; American Protestant Thought; Native American Religious History
Title: Humanities Librarian University: Florida State University Libraries Specialty: Libraries and the Humanities Research Interests: digital humanities; research habits of humanities scholars
Title: Professor University: College de France Specialty: Ancient Religion Research Interests: Roman antiquity
Title: Senior lecturer in the Study of Religions University: University of Wales Trinity Saint David Specialty: Comparative Religion/ New Religion Research Interests: Spirit Possession; Afro-Caribbean and Afro-Brazilian religions; Religious Experience; Religion and Migration/Diaspora
Title: Run Run Shaw Chair of Chinese University: University of Oxford Specialty: Chinese Religion Research Interests: Chinese cultural and religious history
Title: Pro-Chancellor University: University of Aberdeen Specialty: Theology and Ethics Research Interests: Inter-faith dialogue
Title: Professor, Harold and Martha Welch Endowed Chair in American Studies University: University of Notre Dame Specialty: Comparative Religion/ New Religion/ Religion in America Research Interests: Religion in the Americas; Catholicism in America; Asian religions in US; Latino/a religion; religion & transnationalism; religion & geography; method & theory in the study of religion
Title: Chancellor University: University of South Wales Specialty: Mysticism and Spirituality Research Interests: Christian spirituality
Title: Charles A. Dana Professor of Religious Studies University: Lafayette College Specialty: Religion and the Arts Research Interests: Religion and literature; reception history of the Bible; philosophy of religion; comparative religion; history of Christianity
Back To Top